For respect writer only | Psychology homework help
Evaluate the evidence. Create a draft of the findings of the articles you have selected and how they contribute to our knowledge of this problem. Be sure to address each of the following items in your draft:
1. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each piece.
2. If the articles talk to each other (that is, if they support or contrast with one another), explain how and why.
3. What does the evidence tell us?
4. Is there another possible explanation you can think of? Based on what you have read, what is your hypothesis? In other words, what is your explanation for the findings?
5. How can you refine your question or topic even further, now that you have described the findings?
Your draft should be double-spaced and in 12 point, Times New Roman font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page with a running head and a reference page. The body of the paper should be at least 5-6 pages in length.
This will come from the paper you gave me below.
Title of the paper: The impact of Parenting styles to child’s behavior
Objectives: To analyze the different parenting styles
To find the link between parenting styles and the behavior of their children
Child development and their behavior is mostly influenced by their parents since they are the closest individuals they have since they are born. In current world, there is high rate of disobedience and arrogance in teenagers and youth and this behavior can be in a way attributed to the lessons they were taught by their parents. Drug abuse is becoming a problem to manage and the behavior students portray at schools is questionable. All these point fingers at the parent of the individual since they are responsible for them and their behavior too. This information and statistics on how youth and teenagers are ruining their lives brings us back to parenting. Parenting is not an easy task and if an individual succeeds to bring out a successful child is such a great achievement. It’s every parent’s obligation to ensure their children behave in a manner that is acceptable in the society and any mistakes in their child’s behavior will be pointed to them (Baumrind, D., 1967).
The style the parents use will determine the behavior of their children and therefore it’s crucial to known the parenting styles. A parenting style is an emotional concept which epitomizes standard approaches that parents use in nurturing their children (Baumrind, D., 1978). Different types of rearing children have developed which differs in the heights of time and effort that parents are ready to invest and also the parent’s belief on good conduct. Diana Baumrind identified three main parenting styles which include permissive parenting, authoritative and authoritarian parenting (Baumrind, D., 1971).
Baumrind, D. (1978). Parental disciplinary patterns and social competence in children. Youth and Society, 9, 238-276.
Baumrind, D. (1971). Current patterns of parental authority. Developmental Psychology, 4(1, Pt. 2), 1-103.
- Baumrind, D. (1967). Child care practices anteceding three patterns of preschool behavior. Genetic Psychology Monographs, 75(1), 43-88.
- Stassen Berger, Kathleen (2011). The Developing Person through the Life Span.
Is this a book- page numbers? Editors
- Barnhart, C., Raval, V., Jansari, A., Raval, P. (2013). Perception of Parenting Style among College Students in India and the United States. Journal of Child Family Stud, 22, 684-693.
- “Erikson, Homburger (2002)”. Credo Reference. Biographical dictionary of psychology.
- Furedi, Frank (2001). Paranoid Parenting: Why Ignoring the Experts May Be Best for Your Child. Allen Lane. Is this a book? There are not publishers listed?
- Pomeranz, E. & Wang, Q. The Role of Parental Control in Children’s Development in Western and East Asia Countries. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 18(5), 285-289.
- Warash, Bobbie. (2007). “Are Middle Class Parents Authoritative with a Touch of Permissiveness?” Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin 74. 2 28-31.
- Bornstein, M. &Putnick, D. (2012). Cognitive and Socioemotional Caregiving in Developing Countries. Child Development, 83(1), 46-61.
Assignment 2: Identifying Stages of Development
Post your response to the question below with at least 200 words
Both Piaget’s Model of Cognitive Development and Kohlberg’s Model of Moral Development are outlined in stages, with one stage building off of the previous stage. Put yourself in the role of parent, teacher and juvenile justice judge and then in each role identify why it would be necessary to understand the cognitive/moral stage from which a child is operating. What are the most important aspects these development models for a parent, teacher and judge to be aware of? Provide examples and be sure to include specific stage characteristics.
Assignment 3: LASA # 1: Literature Review Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with the opportunity to select a topic in the particular area in which you have an occupational or research interest, and to complete a literature review of the topic, using a minimum of ten scholarly references. This will allow you to demonstrate mastery of the program outcomes for the B.A. psychology program at Argosy University. A helpful Web site for organizing and writing a literature review is www.wisc.edu/writing/Handbook/ReviewofLiterature.html.
You may also want to review the following documents that are available in the Doc Sharing area of the course:
- A sample literature review,
- a PowerPoint document illustrating how to set up your word processor for APA style
- a “Guide for Writing a Literature Review”
Based on your review of the most recent, relevant research findings on your chosen topic, submit a final version of your literature review paper, integrating feedback received from your instructor. Be sure to include a research/focal question, synthesis of the literature you reviewed, well-established conclusions, and points of discussion and/or future research.
- Begin the review by defining the objective of the paper. Introduce the reader to your focal question. What is this question intended to address? You may state your “question” in the form of a problem if you like. Describe the topic for your literature review and why you chose this topic. Explain why you think it is important. It is also useful to tell the reader how the review is organized in your introduction section, before you the transition into the body of the review.
- Organize your literature review paper by themes/theories/concepts, rather than article by article. If there is one major theme you want to highlight, state the theme. If there are three major themes or streams of thought on the topic, briefly name them—and then organize the balance of your literature review around those three streams. Think of themes, theories, concepts, lines of thought, and ideas as organizing strategies for your literature review. Your creativity in this assignment is not the content or findings but the clarity with which you organize the review and create a context for understanding the focal question.
- When you are done introducing the first line of thought, create a new paragraph to discuss studies which present another line of thought or opposing view.
- Your literature review should hit the high points of each article. You should not discuss a single article, one by one, like a grocery list. Zero in on the main theme or finding and then move on to the next theme. Remember, this is a synthesis, an integration of all the things you have learned. You are creating a discussion on paper, which in turn gives the reader a context for understanding where the scholarship has been, where it is currently, and where it likely will be heading next. Provide enough details to help the reader understand the significance of the studies you cite without “rebuilding Rome.” Be sure to evaluate the studies and offer critical comments on any shortcomings you’ve observed or that have been reported by the authors.
- Discuss the main findings and their implications. Given the results of your literature review, what is/are the prevailing argument(s)? What research question could you ask in order to further develop this area of study and contribute to the existing body of knowledge? Complete your review by drawing conclusions about your body of research and identifying gaps in the research which still remain to be explored, maybe even by you! Make an argument as to why your research question is important and relevant to the current work being done on your topic.
Apply current APA standards for editorial style, expression of ideas, and formatting of the text, headings, citations, and references. Remember to use your own words to describe and evaluate the articles. Avoid quoting the material and also cite works when you are discussing someone else’s ideas. Your paper should be double-spaced and in 12 point, Times New Roman font with normal one-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page with a running head, an abstract and a reference page. The body of the paper should be no less than 5–6 pages in length.