Project time management | Human Resource Management homework help
One of your duties as the project manager is to lead your team in developing a schedule. Mike and Sophie are the information technology professionals. The marketing professionals are Carlos and Joanna, and John is the purchasing specialist. Don’t forget that you have only six months to complete the project and a budget of $500,000. Jack, the project sponsor, had told you that it is important to finish on time and within budget, but it is even more important to provide a high-quality service and avoid any potential technical or user problems after implementation. Blue Bank wants to attract new customers with remote deposit capture and avoid losing current customers, so quality and customer service is key. The team decides to focus on key milestones in developing the schedule, being sure that suppliers know their roles on this project and that adequate testing is done.
What you need to do:
Summarize your responses to the following tasks in one word document or PDF and upload it to Canvas. Parts that are prepared with other software applications such Excel or MS Project should be copied and pasted into the word document (take a screen capture or use a snipping tool as necessary).
- Review the WBS and Gantt chart you created for Tasks 2 and 3 in Part 2 (Scope Management). Propose three to five additional activities you think should be added to help you estimate resources and durations.
- Identify at least 3 milestones for this project. Write a description for each milestone using the SMART criteria.
- Using the Gantt chart you created for Task 3 in Part 2 (Scope Management), and the new activities and milestones you proposed in Tasks 1 and 2 above, estimate the task durations and enter dependencies, as appropriate. Remember that your schedule goal for the project is six months. Prepare the Gantt chart and network diagram using Microsoft Project.
- Create a table listing how many hours each person would work on each task. These resource assignments should make sense given the duration estimates made in Task 3 above.
- Assume that your project team starts falling behind schedule. Describe strategies for making up lost time and avoiding schedule slips in the future.