Topic : ARGUMENTATIVE CLIENT
Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the grading rubric):
1. Application of Course Knowledge: Answer all questions/criteria with explanations and detail .
a. Create a scenario depicting an interaction between an NP and a client. Describe the setting and type of encounter.
b. Describe the client’s challenging behaviors related to the topic assigned.
c. Examine the potential impact of the client’s behavior on the client-provider relationship.
d. Analyze techniques to enhance communication with the client and address the client’s behavior.
e. Create sample documentation for the encounter.
2. Integration of Evidence: Integrate relevant scholarly sources as defined by program expectations.
a. Cite a scholarly source in the initial post.
b. Cite a scholarly source in one faculty response post.
c. Cite a scholarly source in one peer post.
d. Accurately analyze, synthesize, and/or apply principles from evidence with no more than one short quote (15 words or less) for the week.
e. Include a minimum of two different scholarly sources per week. Cite all references and provide references for all citations.
3. Engagement in Meaningful Dialogue: Engage peers and faculty by asking questions, and offering new insights, applications, perspectives, information, or implications for practice:
a. Peer Response: Respond to at least one peer on a topic other than the initially assigned topic.
b. Faculty Response: Respond to at least one faculty post.
c. Communicate using respectful, collegial language and terminology appropriate to advanced nursing practice.
4. Professionalism in Communication: Communicate with minimal errors in English grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation.
5. Reference Citation: Use current APA format to format citations and references and is free of errors.
6. Wednesday Participation Requirement: Provide a substantive response to the graded discussion topic (not a response to a peer or faculty), by Wednesday, 11:59 p.m. MT of each week.
7. Total Participation Requirement: Provide at least three substantive posts (one to the initial question or topic, one to a student peer, and one to a faculty question) on two different days during the week.