Module 4 – SLP
PERSUASION AND BALANCE
Persuasion and the Video Presentation
Overview: Job Interview Presentation
We’ve been working on various aspects of business communications throughout the course. As you move closer to earning a Trident degree, there will be more opportunities for career advancement. Video and in-person interviews are a natural part of career progression.
Module 4: SLP Readings
Over the last three modules, you have learned about the power of business communications and developed a foundation of skills that will serve you now and in the future. Interviews start with or include a brief overview of the candidate’s credentials, strengths, and why they would be a good fit for the job or organization. You will complete what you began in Module 1, and for this Module 4 SLP assignment, please complete the following.
· Use your Module 1 SLP PowerPoint presentation and develop a 3-minute video of yourself presenting this presentation.
· The presentation must include the following:
· A Title Page, 5 slides with speakers notes, a Conclusion (that aligns with your purpose statement, summarizes each section, and then wraps up into a final thought), and a references page.***Must support your work in the speaker's notes with at least 2 citations from scholarly sources.
· A 3-minute video of you presenting your PowerPoint slides with the following information:
· Introduce yourself with information about you, your family, and your hobbies
· Discuss your employment history to include skills and experience
· Discuss your educational history and how it relates to this job opportunity.
· Conclude with why you would be the perfect person for this position.
SLP Assignment Expectations
1. The minimum length requirement for this Module SLP Assignment presentation is 5 full slides (excluding Title and Reference pages) to include 2 scholarly sources.
2. Develop a 3-minute video that shows you presenting and discussing the slides.
3. The 5 full slides will include an introduction, body of work with 2 scholarly sources cited to support your work, and a conclusion that aligns with your purpose statement, summarizes each section, and then wraps up into a final thought.
4. Provide an APA 7-formatted References Page ( ).
5. Upload your presentation to the SLP Dropbox before the assignment due date.
6. Proofread your work.
Also, see the guides below for APA and Student Support Services:
At Trident University International, rubrics are used for grading. These rubrics specify the points available for each component of an assignment. Points are earned based on the level of the work submitted. The rubric in the SLP Dropbox is used for this SLP Assignment.