After planning the script and videotaping the role-play scenario, how did it feel to walk in the shoes of a social worker? What insights did you gain from the experience? What aspects of this experience were challenging for you? Being able to recognize the areas where you were successful and the areas where you need improvement are what make role-plays an important part of your social work education.
For the written segment of your Final Project, reflect on your experience in developing this role-play video. Consider any insights you gained from the experience, as well as the challenges you might have experienced in its planning and execution. Think about the specific social work techniques you used and why you used them. Finally, review the videos your colleagues posted. Select one of those videos and consider any areas in which your colleague might improve their approach and why.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity.Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
BY DAY 7
Submit a 3- to 4-page paper. In your paper, address the following:
· Reflect on your experience in doing the role-play video.
· Describe insights you gained from the experience and explain how these insights affect your approach to practice.
· Describe the specific engagement techniques/skills you used and analyze why you used them.
· Describe the colleague’s role-play video you selected.
· Assess what your colleague did well in the video you selected and recommend areas for improvement in your colleague’s approach.
· Kirst-Ashman, K. K., & Hull, G. H., Jr. (2018). Empowerment series: Understanding generalist practice (8th ed.). CENGAGE Learning.
· Chapter 8, “Evaluation, Termination, and Follow-Up in Generalist Practice” (pp. 307–348)
· Marmarosh, C. L., Thompson, B., Hill, C., Hollman, S., & Megivern, M. (2017). Psychotherapy, 54(1), 102–113. https://doi.org/10.1037/pst0000095