Graduate Research & Critical Analysis jan 12
- Your homework (HW) is to watch a movie and take some notes!
Movie Title: Invictus
Rated: PG-13, so you may be able to make it a family experience
Options for viewing:
1) Rental Streaming Platforms ($3): Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, Redbox
2) Join a free viewing of the movie on Thursday, 1/12, at 1 pm EST. Use the following link to join:
As you watch, take notes on points in the movie that show:
- What important problem did Mandela face, and who was impacted by it?
- What might have been the causes of that problem?
- What did he try in order to solve it or mitigate it (make it better)
- What was the ultimate solution he came to?
- How did he implement it?
- What are the ways you know it worked?
- DO NOT write AFTER the movie! You can pause to take notes
(If English is not your first language, you can take all or part of your notes in your first language!)
3. Submit these notes without editing. If you took notes by hand, take a photo or scan them in.
4. Be prepared to discuss this in class!