Make sure you understand the difference between personjob fit and personorganization fit and refer to those differences during this activity. For this activity, you will need a high level of self-awareness and also do some insightful research into the job and organization you select.
- Select a small, medium, or large organization you would like to work for and explain why you would be a good fit there (personorganization fit). For example, you can search for great organizations to work for using search engines or the glassdoor.com best places to work list:
- What would be your ideal position in this organization? Again, you can search jobs within the organization using search engines or the glassdoor.com list. Explain why this would be a good fit for you (personjob fit).
- Repeat the analyses you did in numbers 1 and 2 for your current employer and your current position.
- In your responses to the questions above, include at least 1 or 2 personality traits covered in this chapter (see below) in your explanation of good fit. Use the traits that you feel are most important regarding how well you would fit in with the organization and job you selected.
- Big Five Personality Test (Self-Assessment 2.1 results)
- Type A/Type B Behavior Pattern (Self-Assessment 2.2 results)
- Core Self-Evaluations (Self-Assessment 2.3 results)
- PsyCap (optimism, hope, self-efficacy, resiliency)
- RIASEC (Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, Conventional)
- For your initial post, complete the above and post a 250-300 word summary of your results.