Case Study #2
- Read in your textbook Case #5, Twitter, Inc. in 2019: Are the Growth and Profit Sustainable? and watch the following two videos. For the latest information on developments at Twitter, please visit the Investor Relations section at www.twitter. com and review the companys recent press releases and financial results.
- Write a 35 page paper answering the questions below. The page count does not include the cover page, reference page, any charts, graphs, etc.
- At least 3 references of an academic or scholarly source are required for this case study to support your analyses and conclusions.
- Use APA 7th Edition writing style for your entire paper. Include narrative or parenthetical citations in the body of your paper and a reference page. Remember, all information that is not your own work or that is not common knowledge must be cited.
- Include headings to help organize your paper. Convert the questions to short descriptors. For example, an appropriate heading for Question 1 is: Macro-environmental Impact and Factors.
- Set your margins to 1-inch on all sides and double-space your entire paper, including the reference page.
CASE STUDY QUESTIONS
- What does a PESTEL analysis suggest for the macro-environmental impact on the social media industry? Which of the macro-environmental factors appear to have the greatest potential impact on Twitter? Why?
- Identify the driving forces in the social media industry. What appears to be the impact of these driving forces on the industry?
- Prepare a SWOT analysis for Twitter. What does the SWOT suggest for Twitters future?
- Using the data in Case Exhibits 1 & 2, what is your assessment of Twitters financial position? Based on your analysis, what financial performance can reasonably be expected in the near-term future for Twitter? Support your answer.
- From the data provided in the case (Exhibits 1, 2, 6 & 7), how does Twitters performance stack up with Facebook and Snap? Is there a clear winner based on your analysis?