Design a Relational Schema
The purpose of this assignment is to create a relational schema using an entity relationship diagram (ERD) and then map the relational schema into a dimensional star schema. The design will be created using industry standards and practices.
For this assignment, refer to the "SYM-408 Design a Relational Schema" (attached) document to complete the assignment.
Design a relational schema and include the following:
1. Based on the attached business requirements, design an entity relationship diagram for the Canyon Sales Department using a tool of your choice to design the ERD. Make sure to deliver a screenshot that captures the full diagram.
2. Map the ERD into a relational schema using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). Capture the Create statements for the creation of the schema.
3. Insert the data provided by the instructor. Display the newly created tables. Capture the insert statements, the select statements and a display of each table with the required data inserted.
Submit the following in a single document compatible with the digital classroom (e.g., Microsoft Word). Include a one-line description above each screenshot.
· Screenshot of the full entity relationship diagram (ERD)
· Screenshot(s) showing the successful table creation statements
· Screenshot(s) showing the insert statements, select statements, and a display of each table with the required data inserted
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Expand All Rubric CriteriaExpand All
Entity-Relationship Diagram (ERD)