f CAPELLA UNIVERSITY SWK5015
Teen Parenting Case Study Your agency is providing eight-week parenting classes for teen parents in an urban environment. Services are open to both teen mothers and teen fathers, and their children can be any age. You get referrals from local schools, hospitals, social service agencies, and the Department of Children and Family Services. The interventions of the program include a weekly parenting class, dealing with topics such as child development, effective communication with children, stress management, and compassionate behavior management strategies. The anticipated outcomes of the program include:
• Increased knowledge about child development.
• Increased sense of competence in parenting.
• Decreased reported stress levels.
• Beliefs in line with compassionate behavior management strategies rather than using corporal punishment.
- Teen Parenting Case Study