1200 words MINIMUM (not including cover/reference pages or questions)
Requirement is at least four scholarly articles, ONE maybe the course textbook BELOW
Cihon, P. J., & Castagnera, J. O. (2020). Employment and labor law (10th ed.). Cengage
1. What are the main provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act? Which employers are subject to Title VII? What employees or applicants are protected from employment discrimination by Title VII?
2. Cantor Enterprises is a public relations and advertising agency; its clerical and administrative staff are represented by a union. A number of the clerical staff are college graduates with marketing or advertising degrees who hope to be promoted into a copywriter or account manager position; however, such workers become discouraged if there are no higher positions open, and their job performance deteriorates, or they quit. The result is a high turnover rate for the clerical and administrative positions. Cantor and the union decide that the company will no longer hire college graduates for entry-level clerical and administrative positions. Does this “no college degree” rule violate Title VII? Explain your answer.
3. When can Title VII be used to challenge gender-based pay differentials for jobs that are not equivalent? Is there a difference between coverage of the Equal Pay Act and that of the pay discrimination prohibitions of Title VII? Explain your answers.
4. How does Title VII’s prohibition of religious discrimination differ from the prohibition of discrimination based on race or color? Explain your answer.
5. How does the coverage of the Americans with Disabilities Act differ from that of the Rehabilitation Act? Is there any overlap between the coverage of the acts? Explain your answers.