2 Discussion 250 words. Make sure you provide 2 references and utilize APA style.. . Discussion Rubric
Mood Stabilizing AgentsInstructions: Case Discussion on Bipolar Disorder:Wendy is a 30-year-old, unemployed white female. She is no stranger to therapy, having seen counselors for most of her teen and adult years. Her friends would describe her as a wild woman who takes no crap from anyone. She has held various part-time jobs for the last few years because she usually gets angry at her boss or coworkers and quits. While she has had a string of boyfriends over the years, she has been seeing one man for the last year or so. He too is unemployed and has both an alcohol and methamphetamine problem. She describes the relationship as addictive and dysfunctional, yet exciting and hot. Wendy is back in treatment at the urging of her parents, who describe her behavior as erratic and unpredictable. They also claim that she has periods where she sleeps little and parties lots. There were also several occasions in the last five years when she was so depressed she didnt eat or want to leave the house. Her father also admits to periods of depression, and Trishas grandfather was diagnosed with manic depression, resulting in numerous hospitalizations in the 1950s and 1960s. Wendys only brother died in a car accident several years ago. He was drunk at the time, but she claims he had a long history of depression. Recently Trisha was arrested for disorderly conduct at a friends party. She had not slept for nearly 24 hours and was drunk and combative. When she was first approached by police, she solicited them for sex. They report that she was rather hyperverbal and hyperactive. They later had to investigate a complaint from local storeowners for bad checks she wrote in excess of $7,000.
- Summarize the clinical case.
- Create a list of the patients problems and prioritize them.
- Which diagnosis should be considered
- What is your rationale for the diagnosis
- What differential diagnosis should be considered
- What test or screening tools should be considered to help identify the correct diagnosis
- What treatment would you prescribe and what is the rationale (consider psychopharmacology, diagnostics tests, referrals, psychotherapy, psychoeducation)
- What standard guidelines would you use to assess or treat this patient
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis and include peer-reviewed journal evidence to support the students position.