Week 7 Assignment – Management at a Company
For this assignment, you will explore the role a manager has in change management and decision making. To start, choose one of the following companies:
· Southwest Airlines.
Use and the Internet to research the selected company from its inception to current operations, focusing on how they have changed their management style.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
1. Evaluate two key changes in the selected company's management style from the company's inception to today.
. Indicate whether you believe the company is properly managed now.
. Provide support for your position.
2. Explain how the company prepared for its most recent change.
. Provide evidence of whether the transition was seamless or problematic from a management perspective.
. Provide support for your rationale.
3. Evaluate management's decision on its use of vendors and spokespersons.
. Indicate the organizational impact of these decisions.
. Include enough detail to support your conclusions.
4. Suggest one innovative idea, as a manager within the selected company, that could have a positive effect on both employees and customers.
. Indicate the approach you will take in implementing the new idea.
. Provide support for your suggestion.
5. Predict the selected company's ability to adapt to the changing needs of customers and the market environment.
. Provide support for your prediction.
6. Describe how open communication channels will be critical for successfully implementing the changes you recommend in the organization.
. Provide examples supporting your rationale.
7. Use at least three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the