Authority to state agreement.
The purpose of this assignment is to examine the practice authority and scope of practice differences among APRNs in the United States. You are asked to review the Nurse Practice Act from state of California and compare that to another state that has restrictive or different practice authority. Review the websites below (AANP, NCSBN) to identify the scope of practice of APRNs in the United States. Also, you may review state California board of nursing website to identify specific practice authority guidelines for APRNs. The expected length of the paper is approximately 2-3 pages, which does not include the cover page and reference pages.
- Introduction (including purpose statement)
- Compare and contrast between your two selected states (one of them needs to be your state of residence) and address the following items:
- Nurse Practitioner definition
- Practice authority (collaborative agreement, independent, restrictive)
- Scope of practice (functions APRNs may perform)
- Licensure requirements
- Prescriptive authority and requirements to attain DEA number
- Education requirements
- Certification requirements
- Future of APRN practice
- Please discuss current bills or legislation that support full practice authority in the state that has restrictive practice
- Full Practice Authority
- Identify at least one research study (primary source) that supports the following statement: “APRNs with full practice authority benefit society and health care system”